K2FX Callsign Being Scammed!

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
K2FX

K2FX Callsign Being Scammed!

Post by K2FX »

I have received several reports that my callsign, K2FX has been used in an attempt to scam several individuals here on QTH in recent days. An official report has been filed with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), and also with PayPal investigations. If you receive an email from anyone claiming to be me, unless the email given corresponds to that which I list on QRZ, it is fake. My reputation for selling and buying Ham Radio Equipment here on QTH, and on Ebay is Stellar, and I will not let a scammer ruin that. If you have any questions, or have any emails from the scamming individual, please forward them to me so that they can be entered into evidence with the ongoing investigations.

Thank You!

Paul, K2FX
Last edited by K2FX on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best 73!
Paul, K2FX
k1hz

Re: K2FX Callsign Being Scammed!

Post by k1hz »

Paul, just checking. I received the following response to my listing WTB SGC SG-235 coupler:
paul j. kolacki paulk2fx@gmail.com

Hi,

My sgc sg-235 coupler works well with no issue from a non smoking home.
The SG-235 will achieve perfect coupling of your 500 Watt HF-SSB I am asking $580 shipped for it.

Tnx and 73's

Please let me know if this is a real offer from you

ron K1HZ rwferris@tx.rr.com
K2FX

Re: K2FX Callsign Being Scammed!

Post by K2FX »

That email is from the scammer. I am not looking to purchase an SG-235. Unless you receive anything from k2fx@arrl, it is not me. I've now listed my email address on QRZ.COM as well so that the scammer will be shut right down. There is an open case with IC3, and this dirtbag will be tracked down. Thanks for posting!
Best 73!
Paul, K2FX