Amateur Radio Supplies Scam

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w8wws1

Amateur Radio Supplies Scam

Post by w8wws1 »

Amateur Radio Supplies offered a Freebe in Sept if you purchased at least $50. The Freebe was a 2M J Pole antenna. It took them 10 days to ship my initial order even though they took the funds for payment from my account immediately. I received my order in two shipments. One wasn't even from them.
I have repeatedly asked for information when the promised Freebe would be shipping. Week before last I was told that it had shipped. I have asked for forwarding information, but no reply has been received nor has the antenna been received.
I was told initially that there had been a death in one of the employees family. Then I was told that the response was so great that they could not put together and inspect the antennas fast enough as they had received over 500 orders.
What ever the reason I have still not retrieved the Freebe antenna after more than 2 months. Don't fall for their scam. I have seen additional "promotions" from them since their J Pole offer.
Ha taking advantage of hams.
N9LCD

Re: Amateur Radio Supplies Scam

Post by N9LCD »

Bill:

Did you use a credit card?

If you did, call your credit card company and see if you still have time to dispute the transaction.

Yes, you can dispute a transaction if the merchant fails to deliver a "freebee".

N9LCD