KD0KHJ Potential Scam

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
WA5NTF

KD0KHJ Potential Scam

Post by WA5NTF »

I had posted a WTB ad for an LDG AT-1000 ProII auto tuner and was contacted by kd0khj@hotmail.com. Email contact was made directly to my email and not through QTH. I assume he got my email address from QRZ.com. He claimed to have the exact tuner I wanted and asked if I was interested. I responded that I was interested and asked about the condition etc. He responded with a picture that was an AT-1000 Pro tuner and not a Pro II. I began to smell a rat, so asked him to send another picture with his QSL or hand written call sign on a paper. He responded and asked if I wanted him to write my name on the paper. I responded and said that would be fine along with the date. That was the last I heard from him. I sent two more emails asking for the picture with no response. It definitely has the appearance of being a scam. I was unable to contact the real KD0KHJ because his email address is not listed on QRZ.com. Beware if you are contacted by someone using the kd0khj@hotmail.com email address.