Michael Watkins KL0GO fake name and hijacked call sign.

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
kw4cqbob

Michael Watkins KL0GO fake name and hijacked call sign.

Post by kw4cqbob »

Beware of Michael Watkins KL0GO -- He took my $$ and ran

I responded to his ad on QTH.com offering to sell a Yaesu Mast Clamp for a Yaesu Rotator for $20.00. As he requested, I sent him $20.00 by PayPal on 7/28/2014 for the item including shipping. The first PayPal account address he gave me (yahechina4.com) was not a valid one and subsequently, after my inquiry, he sent me another one. I cancelled the payment to the first ID and resent it to the revised ID (yahechina1234.com which is allegedly registered to a Zhu Yudan in Hawaii) at PayPal. He acknowledged receiving that one. After waiting about two weeks and not receiving the item I paid for I sent him another email inquiring about the shipping status of the item and asking him for a tracking number. He answered by giving referring me to a bogus web site where I should enter my email address and password. Several emails to this individual have gone unanswered. I lost $20.00, no big deal. It just P.M.O. what people will do to scam you out of a few bucks these days. Oh, by the way. PayPal would not cover my loss since I sent this guy the $20.00 as a "funds transfer" rather than a "merchandise purchase". My mistake. Lesson learned about PayPal.

PLEASE NOTE: After all this, I later discovered that this person used a fake name and hijacked the call sign of another ham to pull this off. His email was found to come (from China probably) via a proxy server in Nevada. My sincere apologies to the real KL0GO if he/she reads this.