AC4TA Possible Scammer using his call

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
K7FU

AC4TA Possible Scammer using his call

Post by K7FU »

I've been approached by a person going by the Call of AC4TA ( Hawaii Call Sign) with an IP based in the Netherlands. Needless to say this sounds very fishy and possibly a scammer.

Ray - K7FU
k1qt

Re: AC4TA Possible Scammer using his call

Post by k1qt »

Someone using this call contacted me about a WTB I had out for an amp. He just did not sound right and contacted me when AK folks would be sleeping.
Thank you for your posting. K1QT
N0EE

Re: AC4TA Possible Scammer using his call

Post by N0EE »

I had a reply from someone using this 89 year old mans call sign. No doubt a scam. What I don't understand is he always requests payment by PayPal, PayPal should have some kind of financial records for this person as to where the money actually goes. I would be very wary posting a WTB here or on Craigslist, he pulls the same crap there as well. If you post a WTB, this person will contact you, he doesn't care if it's a $10 or $1000 item. :shock: