KG6TTJ - Hijacked scam call

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
N1ASS

KG6TTJ - Hijacked scam call

Post by N1ASS »

:x :arrow: He just tried scamming me also,here is 2 phones numbers that he tried using but has no are code on one of them.225-5555-2nd one 786-377-4690.
I have 2 wants on qth right now.Read below.
Thanks for your email..find attached pictures below..There is no dent
or scratch on it.. Look perfectly clean and excellent.. it work great
and work like a dream.. if still interested,Let me know how much you
willing to offer including shipping and insurance to your doorstep,I
will need your shipping address thanks
WARNING! Using Ham Radio will seriously affect your relationship with your XYL. This is because you will want to spend more time in the shack with Ham Radio than you will want to spend with the XYL.Bill / N1ASS.
N0EE

Re: KG6TTJ - Hijacked scam call

Post by N0EE »

Here's what I got allegedly from Harry Stowe VE3HXA: "Thanks for your email..find attached pictures below..There is no dent
or scratch on it.. Look perfectly clean and excellent.. it work great
and work like a dream.. if still interested,Let me know how much you
willing to offer including shipping and insurance to your doorstep,I
will need your shipping address thanks". Sound familiar? Scammer for sure, scamming WTB ads.
N1IYJ

Re: KG6TTJ - Hijacked scam call

Post by N1IYJ »

I got the same email from "VE3HXA Harry B Stowe" on July 7, including photos of the rig I posted Wanted To Buy, lifted exactly from an ebay sale a few months ago. Do your homework, there were other warning signs too. Is VE3HXA a silent key? I'm sure he would like to know about this.
Kevin, K1KGY, formerly N1IYJ