Someone is using my call and is posting false ads

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
radtek

Someone is using my call and is posting false ads

Post by radtek »

Someone is using my call sign and is posting false for sale ads.

How can we stop this crazy impersonator ?

The below For Sale ad was not posted by me.

KF2YD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RADIOVHF - ICOM IC-735 Complit HAM RADIO STATION

Here we have a used Icom IC 735 complete station. This auction includes the IC-735 HF Transceiver, the matching PS-55 Power Supply, and the matching AH-2 remote Antenna Tuner. and is good working condition. While used, I would rate it a 9 out of 10 cosmetically.my asking price is $570.you can email frankkf2yd at gmail.com
Listing #1133657 - Submitted on 05/27/14 by Callsign KF2YD - IP: 92b91fd4.rdns.100tb.com Click Here to Email -- Send this Ad to a Friend
KA2CDT

Re: Someone is using my call and is posting false ads

Post by KA2CDT »

You can start Frank by updating your QRZ profile to include a valid email address for you. Most of these scammers look for a call sign to hijack that does not have any contact info in their profile.

Good luck!

Ronnie KA2CDT
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
radtek

Re: Someone is using my call and is posting false ads

Post by radtek »

That may help a bit. I really think that it is about time that QTH.com should create a secure login system for all users. Everyone will have to login first before they can do anything and if they do anything bad or illegle their actions will be recorded and known.