Scammer using my callsign!

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
k8cpa

Scammer using my callsign!

Post by k8cpa »

Just a word a warning and heads up!

If you happen to be looking for something on this service and you get an e-mail from what appears to be this Station, K8CPA, sending it; please ignore it!
Someone, using the e-mail address of charlesk8cpa at gmail.com is contacting people and offering to sell products to them. Well, it IS NOT me, at all! Thanks to the 2-lander who called and asked about it. You saved me a TON of headaches!

To the person pulling this stunt, If I find out who you are, doing this sort of a thing, with MY CALLSIGN; I am going to personally make you regret the day you uttered my callsign! ...and that's not a threat, that's a promise! :x

Again, some idiot is trying to scam other hams, using my call! So, check with me, before you jump, make sure that it is me. My cell number is 1-313-817-4094, if I don't answer, leave a message!

For the record, I hardly ever sell anything at all.

73 de Chuck K8CPA
-Chuck Adkins K8CPA
Blog: http://www.k8cpa.com
Other Political Blog: Http://www.thoughtsandrantings.com
k8cpa

Re: Scammer using my callsign!

Post by k8cpa »

Just a little more info. I contacted one of the persons who called me. This person is using the e-mail address of cookannette@yahoo.com for Paypal payments. It might be a stolen account. But, I wanted people to know about this.

73 de Chuck K8CPA
-Chuck Adkins K8CPA
Blog: http://www.k8cpa.com
Other Political Blog: Http://www.thoughtsandrantings.com