Possible fraud using "WOEWH" Beware.

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
AB4D

Possible fraud using "WOEWH" Beware.

Post by AB4D »

This afternoon, I received a response to one of my QTH ads from an alleged "Harrison A Miller" using a fractured call sign of WOEWH. I doubt this came from the real Mr. Miller, whose call is W0EWH. The Yahoo email account that was supplied by the moron scammer in response to the QTH ad bounced as well. I suppose that is why they try to be a scammer, too dumb to get a real profession. If anyone knows the real Mr. Harrison, he should be alerted that some idiot is trying to commit fraud using his name and call.

"I am interested in buying your Yaesu FTDX-3000D.
Is your Yaesu FTDX-3000D in excellent working condition?
Am a serious buyer.

Hope to read from you soon.

Thanks 73.
woewh"
wx3b

Re: Possible fraud using "WOEWH" Beware.

Post by wx3b »

Thank you for this very timely post.

Hi had a similar message and experience when his email bounced. That increases the chances this is not a real buyer.
Plus, how many serious buyers actually say "I'm a serious buyer". They just buy!

Jim Nitzberg WX3B

Questionable message text below:

am interested in buying your Ameritron AL-1200.
Is your Ameritron AL-1200 in excellent working condition?
Am a serious buyer.

Hope to read from you soon.

Thanks 73.
woewh