BEWARE OF PAUL, WI9L

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
localizer01

BEWARE OF PAUL, WI9L

Post by localizer01 »

Just a heads up. Do not deal with someone pretending to be Paul Rontos WI9L. They do not do what he is supposed to as a Honest Ham Radio Operator. It is looking as If I need to go to court to retrieve $2450 I sent them for a radio he offered for sale. The real Paul WI9L is now trying to help locate the idiot who scams Hams. Darn, I thought we are supposed to be better than most folks. Guess it's just a bad apple. :evil:
Last edited by localizer01 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and take care,
Jim (WA2FAA)
K4ICL

Re: BEWARE OF PAUL, WI9L

Post by K4ICL »

What was it he was supposed to do? What did he do which he was not supposed to do? Some details would be helpful. Thanks...

K4ICL
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Just a heads up. There was a posting back in 2013 that says Paul's call sign was hijacked by scammers. You may have been taken by a scammer and Paul does not even know it.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
localizer01

Post by localizer01 »

K4ICL wrote:What was it he was supposed to do? What did he do which he was not supposed to do? Some details would be helpful. Thanks...

K4ICL
It is like this, the person who is bootlegging Paul's call WI9L, is knowledgeable of Ham Radio. They want USPS money orders, because somehow they are able to cash them. I mailed a bank check, and he had to wait and find someone to cosign the check. What a bunch of crooks in this world.
Thanks and take care,
Jim (WA2FAA)
Wi9L

Post by Wi9L »

My Name & Call have scammed. PLEASE do NOT send any money to ANYONE using my Name or call.
Just found this out yesterday have been trying to stop it and hopefully see that these IDIOTS get caught.
Hope Jim can get his money back. Be careful. If it happened to me.. Could happen to anyone.
Watch who you deal with. Not sure how it can be prevented but there has to be a way. If you see anyone trying to sell
using my info please report them to that sight. Also let me know. I'm trying to get on sights to warn other Hams.
73 de Paul Wi9L