*S-C-A-M* K6PBM and KB1MUL

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
KA2CDT

*S-C-A-M* K6PBM and KB1MUL

Post by KA2CDT »

This guy is peddling a "Beautiful ICOM IC-7700" using K6PBM as his call. I guess he forgot which call sign he has hijacked. The email address he is using is KB1MUL@gmail.com. Complete scam,stay away!
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
AE3RT

Re: *S-C-A-M* K6PBM and KB1MUL

Post by AE3RT »

Yes, and he is still at work. He responded to a wanted to buy ad that I placed today. I saw the call and e-mail mismatch, but wanted to see what he would send as pictures for the radio. As I expected he lifted pictures from elsewhere on the web (eBay UK) and sent them to me. I did not inform him of the mismatch between the call and e-mail, just let him know I found the pictures elsewhere on the web that he pretended were his pictures. Definitely a scammer who is trying to separate honest people from their hard earned money.
kf5etn

Re: *S-C-A-M* K6PBM and KB1MUL

Post by kf5etn »

I posted a wanted to buy add Sunday & Patrick B. Montgomery K6PBM responded by e-mail patrickk6pbm@gmail.com. In the several notes he has sent he wants me to send the payment of $65.00 to his wife Maryjo Mellor 5700 Windy Gorge St., Las Vegas NV. I googled the address and the house is high dollar and for sale. He never includes his call sign in his notes. I sent a note this morning telling him it sure smells like a scam. Beware.

73's Frank in MS kf5etn