Suspicious: reasonmore231@gmail.com

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
W0MPM

Suspicious: reasonmore231@gmail.com

Post by W0MPM »

Got a message from an OLD ad (Capacitor Tester Rohde&Schwarz).

IP Address 41.217.68.64 goes to Lagos Nigeria and shows up on 3 blacklists.

The single work response in all caps was: "AVAILABLE"

The name was Yi Xu and call sign APP

I'm reminded of the classic line "Let's just say I'm skeptical".
wjheil

Re: Suspicious: reasonmore231@gmail.com

Post by wjheil »

I had a suspicious contact as well.

Item was listed as FREE, pickup only. Got an email from Yi Xu reasonmore231@gmail.com "Available?"

I replied yes and this is the response I got:

"Thanks for your quick reply.Am glad it's available.Do you accept a certified check as payment method ? I'll add extra $50 for keeping it in my favor.I hope I can fully trust you with this? If Yes ? Kindly get back to me with your NAME,ADDRESS AND CELL PHONE NUMBER for the immediate payment...Awaiting to read from you."

'73,
Wayne, KB6OQJ
'73,
Wayne, KB6OQJ
n8rt

Post by n8rt »

I received the same reply from this SCAMMER , do not do business with Yi Xu App
re Yi Xu App (User Name)
E-mail: reasonmore231@gmail.com
The emaii source is Nigeria , Lagos.
IP Address: 41.217.68.64 -- (Check IP at https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/41.217.68.64

Rob N8rt
W7OWC

Post by W7OWC »

I was almost had by this guy. Same as others replied to older post took forever to pay then when payment did arrive It was a Navy Federal Credit Union Cashiers Check. then I started getting text instruction to cash the check and buy gift cards and send copies of the gift cards. I called Navy Federal and verified the Cashiers Check was fraudulent. The return address of the envelope was:

BETASEED ENTERPRISE
209 N ALDEN ST
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19139

So now what. Navy Federal Credit union was not interested in pursing anything, who do I turn this over too?