Be careful of Alan Featherstone

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
AF4E

Be careful of Alan Featherstone

Post by AF4E »

I received an email from this Alan Featherstone about an old ad that I had in QTH for a power supply for a Motorola R2001 B or C model. He stated his brother had died and that he had one and sent a picture that he had hijacked from You Tube and was asking for $100 for a supposed working R2001B. After I asked for a phone number and a picture with his handwritten name in the picture he came up with another picture not even a R2001B or C and had superimposed his name onto it. He has been full of excuses and the sentencing looks as if he is from a foreign country.

Be careful,
Darrell, AF4E
K4PKR

Re: Be careful of Alan Featherstone

Post by K4PKR »

12/3/2017
This ALAN FEATHERSTONE just contacted me and offered to sell a Harris RF-382/CU-2397 for $150 via PayPal. He said it was not heavy and he would take care of the shipping which made me suspicious. He told me it belonged to his brother who had passed away.

His email is alanfeatherstone16@gmail.com

Paul "PK" Reid
K4PKR
AF4E

Re: Be careful of Alan Featherstone

Post by AF4E »

Same story he used on me Paul. He said that he was selling equipment that belonged to his brother that had died. His wording in his sentences led me to believe he is not from the United States. He used pictures he got from the internet and not actual pictures of the equipment he says that he has. He could not write his name on a piece of paper and take a picture of it with the equipment. Beware, Beware, Beware!!!

EVERYONE PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS GUY. HE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND LEAVE YOU WITH NOTHING!!!!

Darrell, AF4E