U.S.P.S. -- TRACKING SERVICE LIMITATIONS

Discussion of various shipping and packing methods, tips and tricks.
N9LCD

U.S.P.S. -- TRACKING SERVICE LIMITATIONS

Post by N9LCD »

On 5 June I ordered a RIG TALK interface from West Mountain Radio. On the 7th I got an order confirmation that my order would be shipped on the 8th June by priority mail and a tracking number.

On he 15th I tried tracked my order. The order was "OUT FOR DELIVERY" on the 11th and, on the 12th, "DELIVERY STATUS NOT UPDATED" was reported.

I went to the our carrier station for more information. They got the same tracking results, then searched the parcel storage area for my shipment. It was still 'missing".

The window clerk said, apparently, the shipment was scanned out for delivery. BUT THEY HAD NO RECORD OF WHICH TRUCK OR WHICH CARRIER IT WAS SCANNED OUT TO.

APPARENTLY AFTER A PARCEL IS SCANNED "OUT FOR DELIVERY" THERE IS NO RECORD OF WHERE IT IS UNTIL THE MAIL CARRIER DELIVERS IT TO YOU!!

Oh, well. West Mountain is sending me another "Rig Talk". Hope this one has a better fate.

N9LCD

:roll:
Kasey00

Re: U.S.P.S. -- TRACKING SERVICE LIMITATIONS

Post by Kasey00 »

USPS® package tracking is automatically included with all USPS domestic shipping products with the exception of commercial Standard Mail packages (tracking feature can be added for an extra fee).