Shipping to Puerto Rico & USVI

Discussion of various shipping and packing methods, tips and tricks.
kp3s

Shipping to Puerto Rico & USVI

Post by kp3s »

Why people put on their listings that "Only Lower 48, CONUS"? Puerto Rico is part of the US, you can mail a package like a flat rate box priority mail and it cost the same as any where in the US, $8.95. I have make some buying, selling and trading on this site and never had any problems using the USPS. Now using UPS or FEDEX is a different story, they are too expensive, when the plane lands in San Juan contractors download the packages and mail from the plane and they are not UPS or FEDEX employees, this people are minimum wage workers that are not very careful and dont care what happens, some time they are angry because of the heat and their supervisor is a jerk so guess who is going to pay, the average client. On top of that anything that comes into the island via a private carrier has to pay a high tax because the sender has to declare the value of the package so the goverment gets his cut. The USPS on the other hand is a federal agency is exempt from this so the local goverment can't collect tax on anything that comes via regular mail. So people please don't say no to a ham is Puerto Rico, we usally don't batter with the price, we know when you post the asking price because we know the value of the item. Just give the hams in Puerto Rico & USVI a chance to buy or tarde, we don't have any ham radio stores here so everything has to come from the states, even good quality coax, the only thing we have is a couple of people selling CB radios and are very expensive and Radio Sack, and everybody knows that RS is not what it used to be 20 years ago. Thanks too all that took the time to read my rant, and the next time somebody ask you if you mail to PR/USVI thinks and hep us a little. Not all of us here on the island are like me but we try to be good hams.
73 de Carlos, KP3S

http://kp3s.50megs.com