Warning! Slow 1st class mail.

Discussion of various shipping and packing methods, tips and tricks.
Kx4aa

Warning! Slow 1st class mail.

Post by Kx4aa »

In my experience in 2 months on 2 different items
In 2 usa locations, one north of Ala and one west of Ala. Its taken 7 to 10 days to send a letter. The post offices is blaming covid 19. However a postal worker friend says throw them in a small box and send it 3 day with tracking! So is it a shame? Maybe, but the 1st class letters is falling short of attn.
Regards kx4aa in Alabama.
W3ESE

Re: Warning! Slow 1st class mail.

Post by W3ESE »

This probably has a lot to do with the new Postmaster General ordering high-speed sorting machines disassembled, some blue "drop-box" mail boxes removed, overtime eliminated, along with other changes in the last two months. Our local P.O. is not happy.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Regardless of the excuses....for what you pay to ship something it always states "in transit but arriving late". Likely due to paranoia about COVID. My parcel mailings are taking from 5 days normal to now over 2 weeks or more plus. Fed Ex about 5 more days then projected. For what one pays, you would think they could do a better job??

USPS is terrible. And they want to do mail in ballots? Really? Talk about bottlenecks, vote counting that will never end, fraud, etc. A train wreck already in work.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Shipped priority mail 31 Aug - still not there 11 days later and counting.....800 miles. Can drive that easily in 2 days worst case...
KI4FQZ

Post by KI4FQZ »

It's worse now than it's ever been. Sent a radio from Tennessee to Tampa, FL. Sent priority mail for 65 bucks! Took 2 and 1/2 weeks to arrive!!! Save your frustration.... stick with Fed Ex!! Just bought a rig from here....took only three days to arrive. Need I say more?
KI4FQZ

Post by KI4FQZ »

It's worse now than it's ever been. Sent a radio from Tennessee to Tampa, FL. Sent priority mail for 65 bucks! Took 2 and 1/2 weeks to arrive!!! Save your frustration.... stick with Fed Ex!! Just bought a rig from here....took only three days to arrive. Need I say more?
W3ESE wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:02 pm This probably has a lot to do with the new Postmaster General ordering high-speed sorting machines disassembled, some blue "drop-box" mail boxes removed, overtime eliminated, along with other changes in the last two months. Our local P.O. is not happy.