Can you identify this tower?

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N6DCN

Can you identify this tower?

Post by N6DCN »

I have been searching for any info on this tower. I need a model # so I can see if I can get the specs for a permit.
I did find a picture on the net that looks the same as mine but he has no info on it. it is on a website called used towers dot com. He has these two pictures on their web site. All it says is 55' TRI-EX CRANK-UP TOWER, ESTATE SALE $2495.00 I called and he has no idea of the model #.

*****************************************************************************************

TO follow up these are the pictures of the one I have. It has an eletric winch. The base is 17 and 1/2 inches wide and 55 feet fully extended. It is 20-21 feet nested. I think it is a Tri-ex tower because of the above add and a friend of mine has a Tri-ex LM-354 dated 1987. they have some similaritys

:D :?:

QRU
k9yli

Post by k9yli »

possibily a tri-ex ..

one thing to remember on all collapsable towers, when its retracted,
dont think of climbing on it with out double checking the collapsed points and then put a piece of 2x6 under neath the lower section.

if it sticks and the lift cable is loose a bit,,,,,,,,, and you climb a ways up and it finally lets loose, it will take your toes and maybe your fingers off.

I wouldl mark it with paint when i knew it was totally collapsed.. then a quick look will atleast tell you if it is NOT totally collapsed.
N6DCN

Post by N6DCN »

Someone e-mailed me and said it is a TRISTAO CZ-454-FS Does any one have any info on this model # tower
w2hp

Re: Can you identify this tower?

Post by w2hp »

I have that very tower. Triex W51. W2hp