Scammed by KC0REY

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N2TLK

Scammed by KC0REY

Post by N2TLK »

Sent Steve Hays (KC0REY) a check for $50.00, 11/15/06. For the purchase of a
Yaesu VC-24 headset he listed on various ham websites. He waited for
the check to clear, then told me he was going to ship it out on
11/22/06. Well no shipment arrived. Another email to KC0REY asking
where the item is, he states that "I am sorry, just found this in my
Spam box. Geez..you must have been going nuts. The headset was sent
last Thursday afternoon.(11/30/06) You should have it. I've got the
Confirmation Number around here somewhere. I'll find it and get it to
you."
Emailed back to Steve asking again for a delivery confirmation
number. I still have not received the headset and have not heard from
Steve Hays since. No phone calls or emails. His phone number is
disconnected. If someone knows his phone number please let me know. I
also would like to know if anyone had a problem with KC0REY in the
past with regards to this kind of thievery. This info can then be
added & forwarded to the proper authorities.
kk9a

Re: Scammed by KC0REY

Post by kk9a »

N2TLK wrote:I also would like to know if anyone had a problem with KC0REY in the past with regards to this kind of thievery. .
Check the Feedback Forum archives. KE3GK posted a problem in 2004.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

8 months later I find this.

Yes, the man HAD a legitimate gripe, but the issue has been resolved. I did get the headphones to him in January after a snafu with the Post office that was my fault.

We are talking about a $50 item here. I resent being called a thief.

BTW, my phone number is 309-371-0540
KD7UFF

Post by KD7UFF »

I have had a dealing with Steve in the past.. He sold me a small 3 element 2m yagi for next to nothing... I had no problem with him what so ever.. Every time I emailed Steve I got a promt reply... Glad to hear all was made well.. I would not have a problem dealing with Steve again...
Dan/KD7UFF
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

I looked in here hoping N2TLK would have updated...since he hasn't, if this post concerns you and we are in a deal, please email him and ask if this has been resolved.
kv4d

Post by kv4d »

he seems like a standup guy to me. sometimes shipping can be troublesome. he even took credit for that. as far as buying anything from him i have not. i did however sell him something and the money was sent promptly. i would buy from him in a minute. but to each his own.
thanks again steve
KB2VYZ

Steve, KC0REY

Post by KB2VYZ »

I agree, Steve, KC0REY, is a stand-up guy. We just finished a deal with not a problem.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
N2TLK

Item was finally sent

Post by N2TLK »

Trying to refresh my memory...........This item was sent albeit awhile from when I ordered it. Got me very nervous when seller did not communicate for some time. I did have another Ham respond to my inquiry as to another problem other Ham had with seller. Don't recall hearing if that problem was solved. This item was as described and in working condition upon arrival.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Thanks for the update Robert.
Steve kc0rey
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

kc0rey wrote:Thanks for the update Robert.
Steve kc0rey
I have had a couple of deals that didn't go so smoothly and this was one. This one was also my fault.
All my deals have gone through successfully and most went smoothly.
I found calling me a thief was a a bit aggressive.

BTW, at the time I sold this headset to Robert, I was in the transition period of not being able to work and waiting on disability to start. 6 months with no income, no savings and bills to pay. I was selling all my stuff to make ends meet and my phone service along with internet was shut off to economize.
Everything got shipped, but there was so much of it, that some confusion ensued.
Roberts headset was sent to another ham and it took me awhile to figure it out....and took me another little bit to get the other ham to return it.
There was accusations that I has scammed 2 hams, that my name was Rosie, a well known scammer (My landlady at the time and as far as I know she never scammed anybody and a non-ham), and I was a hair dresser.

The things people think they learned by doing an internet search amazes me. Robert didn't make these accusations but the other ham Robert mentioned did.
Anywho, everything was taken care of, and hopefully everybody is happy. Even Rosie as she remains in uninformed bliss.