W4OI

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w2dwr

W4OI

Post by w2dwr »

At around 8:30am, I responded to and ad by W4OI telling him I would buy his unbuilt Heath Keyer at the stated price of $100 and asked him to give me a figure on shipping. At 10:24am, while I was in town, he replied. At about 1:30. I returned home and immediately sent him his funds via Paypal as agreed. At 2:01pm, he sent me an email telling me my response had taken too long (3 hours!!!!) and he had sold the item to another buyer. I asked him to send me back my money and he told me to cancel it with Paypal. They told me it was a completed transaction and he would have to return my money. When I went back to W4OI, he told me he would return it via Paypal but I would have to pay all the expenses. Since the transaction did not complete due to his lack of patience, I felt this was an unsatisfactory solution. As of now, I am filing a fraud complaint with Paypal which will probably tie up my money for a couple of months.
If you should decide to deal with W4OI on anything, I would advise you to sit by your computer to immediately answer all emails since this seller has no concept that buyers might have more to do than just sit and wait for his replies. I may get my money back but right now I am not sure. Again, if you decide to buy something of his, use care. :cry:
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, if he simply "REFUNDS" your payment through Paypal as opposed to making a payment to you then there will be NO fees involved.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
w2dwr

Post by w2dwr »

Adam,
Thank you for the info. He does not wish to take any action, apparently, so I will leave it up to Paypal to settle it.
Joe
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Wow, you emailed him and said you would buy the Heath Kit. To me that means you have commited to purchasing it.

I am curious to know what his reply was at 10:30. Did he give you a time alottment to confirm that you really wanted the Heath Kit? :?

If not, pulling your deal after only 4 hours have elapsed is questionable at best, and leads one to assume a better offer came along. :roll:

Let us know.

John
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

You must have missed this feedback thread too...

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=6042&highlight=w4oi
w2dwr

Post by w2dwr »

Hello John,
Yes, I guess I did get too trusting but I would no more think of cheating another ham and I guess I feel we all should be that way.

In answer to your question about time, no he did not set a time limit and there was only about 3 hours between his reply and my answer with money. I agree that someone must have given him a better offer although I agreed to pay the price he quoted. Hopefully, others who deal with him will be more careful than I was.
Joe
W2DWR
K6RV

W4OI - Warning

Post by K6RV »

I was the original poster regarding W4OI and the good news is that PayPal retrieved ALL of my money ($150) from Mr. Rogozinski. The bad news is that right now he has another ad here on QTH.com (See Listing # 744517). He is selling a bunch of keyer paddles. Also note on that ad that he lists a phone number so W2DWR - you can call him to ask about your money!

The guy certainly has "kahones" to come right back and place another ad for some other unsuspecting ham.

In my case I filed a complaint with PayPal and they went to his account and took money out to repay me. At first I got $ 145.65, and a week or so later PayPal got the remainder and all was credited to my account.

I am surprised PayPal allow him to keep an account with them, and surprised that QTH.com allows him to still sell things here.

Good luck with your money.

73, Donald K6RV
w8jn

Post by w8jn »

don,
you should advise scott. he is good about booting anyone who shows disregard for honesty.
best 73 paul w8jn
w2dwr

Post by w2dwr »

UPDATE!! In the interest of fairness, I must report the following. I contacted Paypal about the problem and they suggested I recontact W4OI and tell him to use the "refund" feature. They stated there would be no charges to either party. I did contact Tony and gave him a copy of the answer from Paypal. He followed their instructions and did refund my money. This was not the unbuilt Heathkit that I wanted but at least I have my money back. I have to give him credit for that. Thanks to all who responded to my problems. I really appreciated the support.
Joe W2DWR
Tim Patton

Post by Tim Patton »

This guy Rogozinski has a history of this going back many years. I could tell you some stories that would set you back in your chair wide eyed. For starters he's been booted off ebay more than 30 times for questionable antics.
Tim K4TJP
Tim Patton

Post by Tim Patton »

I stand corrected. Today he was booted off ebay for the 34th time. Now, isn't that special..... Be afraid, be very, very afraid of dealing with this guy.
Tim K4TJP
trogo

Nonsense

Post by trogo »

Tim Patton is a jerk and a liar! He has been posting disparaging comments about me for years. In this case he didn't respond to my request for at least a day otherwise I would have had no reason to cancel a transaction. Certainly if I had known it was him I would not have agreed to any sale. The person who
bought the keyer sent me the money immediately and was very satisfied with the purchase. I have sold at least 100 different items through QTH.COM with no problems. One other individual couldn't wait until I returned from Colombia South America so that I could ship the keyer paddle and filed a PayPal complaint which I didn't protest and he received a full refund. So what's the problem - I can't help it if he isn't patient. These posting are BS!!!
W9DMW-2

Re: Nonsense

Post by W9DMW-2 »

Hello to all,
I am taking no sides here, Just stating posting policies, WHO ARE YOU?, What is your call sign, These postings are for Licensed Ham Radio Operators, I have no idea who " trogo" is. Please submit a valid FCC call sign so others will know who you are.. Sounds to me like some one else is impatient also. Just the facts... TNX Don W9DMW

trogo wrote:Tim Patton is a jerk and a liar! He has been posting disparaging comments about me for years. In this case he didn't respond to my request for at least a day otherwise I would have had no reason to cancel a transaction. Certainly if I had known it was him I would not have agreed to any sale. The person who
bought the keyer sent me the money immediately and was very satisfied with the purchase. I have sold at least 100 different items through QTH.COM with no problems. One other individual couldn't wait until I returned from Colombia South America so that I could ship the keyer paddle and filed a PayPal complaint which I didn't protest and he received a full refund. So what's the problem - I can't help it if he isn't patient. These posting are BS!!!
:?: :?: :idea:
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: Nonsense

Post by KA9FOX »

W9DMW-2 wrote:Hello to all,
I am taking no sides here, Just stating posting policies, WHO ARE YOU?, What is your call sign
"trogo" is Tony W4OI.

I always encourage users of this bulletin board to use their callsign as their username. If anyone out there has a non-callsign username and wants to change it to their callsign, just click on "Profile" at the top of any page, and it is easily changed.

- Scott KA9FOX
kb5pn

Post by kb5pn »

Scott, why not make use of a callsign mandatory?? After all this is a amateur radio site, owned by an amateur and used almost exclusively by amateurs.

None of us should have a problem with putting our call on anything we post.......just my opinion.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

These are always sticky issues. Seems some folks think everyone camps out at a computer in anxious anticipation of a command . I usually wait at least 24 hours for a response before considering another offer but that is just me.

It seems however the seller in this case was initially ignorant of the Paypal procedure. Only a seller OR Paypal can issue a refund. Paypal only does so after it has been determined that the seller has defaulted for any one of a variety of reasons. This procedure has rules and takes time. The OTHER way is for the seller to simply issue a REFUND.
Sometimes the seller has "reasons" (lame excuses) for a reluctance to cooperate. Perhaps the seller did not like the tone of the disappointed buyer when the buyer found out the item had been "offed" elsewhere.
It is often best, even though bitterly disappointed to make the response polite to avoid further provoking the control monster at the selling end.

Just some observations and speculation based on familiarity with money grubbing control freaks. The speculaive comments may or may not apply in this case. Only the parties involved know for sure...
HK3CW

Re: Nonsense...yeah right!

Post by HK3CW »

W9DMW-2 wrote: "One other individual couldn't wait until I returned from Colombia South America" :
....W4OI is aka HK1AR

And I can tell you stories of his travels in HK land! Illegal operations, encouraging contesters for years to use his former "DX paradise" in HK without proper licensing and the last Crown Jewel was his stellar performance that led RA3CO to be kicked out the 2008 CQWW ... we got sick of all his antics and acted against it; more than 25 HK hams endorsed our complaints to the Colombian PTT...be very, very careful with this guy... all the story at the following links.

http://www.radio-sport.net/hk_ra3co2.htm
http://www.scribd.com/mincomco14544398

As you can guess he has threatened me and everyone who dares to unmask him. His nasty emails are one a kind. I guess I'll get a new one soon!

73 de HK3CW Rob
N9uui

W4OI-Tony

Post by N9uui »

Bought 2 Blue Racers from him,Good communication,material well
Packed,I have No Problem Buying from him again!!
Keys In EXCELLENT SHAPE!!
Good seller!!

Bob N9uui
Wilfred PD1ANQ

Re: W4OI-Tony

Post by Wilfred PD1ANQ »

Baught an Elecraft K2 full options from Tony W4OI.
Payed in advance and got all very well packed and in UFB shape from him.
I'm very pleased with Tony, also good communication with him

He is a good seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VY73 Wilfred PD1ANQ.
The Netherlands.
K7HC

W4OI

Post by K7HC »

I have several transactions with W4OI and all were good. One purchase resulted in a problem, but it was resolved to my complete satisfaction. Thought that I should report this here.
Clay - K7HC
HK3CW

More on the guy

Post by HK3CW »

Apparently someone had already opened a file on this character.. see http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=6042&highlight=w4oi
af6im

Tony Rogozinzki W4OI

Post by af6im »

Tony sold me a Brown Bros key online at a reasonable price. He lives in Columbia (South America) and the key was in the US held by a friend. Months went by and no key, but Tony said the friend had flaked out and that he would be travelling from Columbia to the US in May 2010 for medical treatment and would personally send me the key then. He could have easily ripped me off, but he didn't. I kept my cool and low and behold, Tony did exactly what he promised. The key arrived several days ago in beautiful cosmetic condition, exactly as depicted in the photos he posted when I was buying it.

Tony might be a bit disorganized, but in my case he came through 100%. The delays were regrettable, but he had few alternatives since he lived in South America and they key was held by a third party in the US who just flaked out on shipping it to me.

In the end I got exactly what Tony promised and even a bit more. One leaf spring had a slight crease in it and he is having a new one made to replace it.

I'd buy from Tony again. I got a really great key at a fair price. The only issue was delay, which in this case was understandable. It is easy to get enraged at a seller if things don't go smoothly but sometimes patience and courtesy is the best course of action. It sure was in my case.

Mark