Post Office Box's

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
KL7PB

Post Office Box's

Post by KL7PB »

If you live in Alaska chances are THE ONLY ADDRESS YOU HAVE is a Post Office Box. This is your legal address and is used for your drivers license,fish and game license and all other legal documents. In many cases you have a
street address that can be used for shipping but it won't be on any maps. A phone number in large numbers should be on the face of the package. I have trouble buying by credit card on the internet becausethey do not accept p.o. box's and there is no place to add a shipping address. There are many many hams here do a little more checking before discounting P.O. Box's please.
Too big to ship is a guy too lazy to box something. How do you think we get anything up here if it isn't shipped? Require a Postal Money order and explain why you are sending it or why you require one. Thanks KL7PB on t :roll: he Kenai.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Just completed a buy for some books Rich had on qth.com
Although the amount of money involved on my part was not
much, he kept me informed all along via email. I wouldn't
hesitate to buy from him again, thanks Rich-KM5TC
w0bkr

Secrutiy

Post by w0bkr »

Some us a Post Office box for a variety of reasons, one is to insure the security of the item shipped goes to the Post office and not left on a door step or out by the mail box on the rural road.

PO Boxes are fine.

Everyone shoudl provide an alternate address just for verification purposed if they have one. PO Boxes are a legal address.
kb7tri

Not all PO Boxes are scams

Post by kb7tri »

I live in a town that does not have Postal delivery. Period. Everyone is given a free PO box and all mail has to go there. We do have physical addresses and UPS and FedEx does deliver to them, but Postal deliveries are PO Box only. I have lots of trouble dealing with merchants because of this. My ham license, drivers license, everything has my PO Box because that's all there is..[/i]
N9QKZ

Post by N9QKZ »

Same here, I live in a small town by choice and while we have physical addresses our mail goes to a PO Box at the post office. We do not have the option to have it delivered to the house. I can't even get "free pickup" on the priority packages I send. I have to drive to the post office and drop them off. I am happy with the arrangement most of the time cause if I am out of town or cant get by the post office I know my stuff is secure. If the address they are giving matches their license info then I don't have an issue sending say a USPS MO. I do most of mine thru paypal anyway.

Alan N9QKZ