W0IXE Dishonest Ham

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
aa4vi

Post by aa4vi »

The detective never followed up or called me back, I guess I was too far away. I contacted his supervisor who assured me that he would have the detective get back with me. Still nothing from the Wheatridge Police Dept. After already losing money to Mr. Garrison I didn't want to lose more money on long distance phone calls. I have chalked this up to lesson learned. The best I can hope for is that nobody else gets taken by this same individual. This is why I will continue to post to make others aware.
K4ICL

Post by K4ICL »

The matter with Mr. Garrison is now in the hands of the Wheatridge, Co police dept. If anyone needs any information on who to contact please let me know. Larry Carpenter, AA4VI
Did you sign a formal written complaint with the Wheatridge PD, against Garrison? This should open a case file, likely not to be ignored by busy officers. Also, if the deal involved use the US Mails and/or was between parties in different states, have you filed written formal complaints with the U.S. Postal authorities and the FBI? Likely, most hams would appreciate your following through on this.

Why stop? If you have taken all of the steps and you still receive no response from the agencies you contacted, it might be time to find an reporter who in interested in doing a piece on Internet Fraud -- the fastest growing business in the US. Be sure to highlight the lack of law enforcement on such cases--an intolerable situation, that encourages even more to doing fraudulent acts.

Finally, consider submitting a factual article to QST.

These suggestions apply to ALL who have been victims of out-and-out fraud when dealing on the Internet.

AL[/quote]
aa4vi

Joe Garrison legal action

Post by aa4vi »

Al thanks for the suggestion on QST I had not thought of this. I have filed complaints with USPS since a money order was involved. I have filed a complaint with the internet fraud division of the FBI. I have had no responses from either. I do have copies of all correspondence with Mr. Garrison. I also have the names and call signs of at least four other victims. I tried to explain to the detective at the Wheatridge, Co. police dept. exactly what had taken place and e-mailed him all the correspondence between Mr. Garrison and myself. He was not overly enthusiastic about taking it. I only talked to him once on the phone and he never returned my calls or e-mails. I am wondering if Joe may be an associate of the authorites in the town of Wheatridge. I have found out that he is a government employee, I don't know which branch or whether local or federal. I realize that there is principal involved here but at some point you have to cut your losses. Please read the entire thread if you haven't done so. Thanks AA4VI
N8ERM

Old slick joe

Post by N8ERM »

No, nothing has happened and don't look like we will recover our $.
kc0uws

Post by kc0uws »

that shows how our law enforcement is in CO
w2co

Post by w2co »

kc0uws wrote:that shows how our law enforcement is in CO
You should know, you're a veteran at it.
BSET, GROL w/Ship Radar, A.R.S. W2CO
wa4cch

kc0uws

Post by wa4cch »

kc0uws wrote:that shows how our law enforcement is in CO
:shock: :REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT YOUR MOUTH BRANDON YOUR NOT KEEPING YOUR PROMISE YOU ARE NOT HELPING YOUR CASE THINK ABOUT IT YOUR NOT GOING TO CHANGE YOUR IMAGE THIS WAY :shock:

chuck :wink:
N8ERM

W0IXE Shame on you

Post by N8ERM »

Joe,
I may not remember my name or address but I remember you. It is a real shame that some traders make it tough for us honest hams. Do I wish you bad luck, not at all. Just trying to save the good guys a few bucks..
Terry