N9NOS, Gene is OK

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kb7qq

N9NOS, Gene is OK

Post by kb7qq »

I bought a dual band tranceiver from Gene, N9NOS. He advertised it as 'never used'. When it arrived, it was as original from the Kenwood factory. Upon hooking it all up, I discovered the Display Unit did not function properly. I contacted Kenwwood, and since it was a few days out of warrantee, the cost to repair was $175. After some thought, I decided to ask Gene his thoughts, maybe we could share the extra cost of repair. When I contacted Gene, he DID NOT hesitate to send me the following email text:
SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS
WILL PUT CHECK IN THE MAIL TO YOU

And he did just that. No quibble, no cry, no 'buyer beware' lecture, .... just a quick reply followed by a check for the full amount of $175.
I figure Gene lost about $300 dollars on that Kenwood. Original price plus repair out of warrantee, minus what I paid him.
In my book, Gene has got to be given credit for HONESTY & CHARACTER.

Thanks and 73 Gene,
Gerald, KB7QQ