Make your own decision. RE: > KD8EOX

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
cruzingoose

Make your own decision. RE: > KD8EOX

Post by cruzingoose »

Made a deal with Phil to trade my 6 month old iPaq rx1950 PDA for hisYaesu VX7r on the 4-22. After a few e-mails, we agreed to a deal and I packed my PDA in its original box to get ready for shipping. Phil E-mailed informing me he will send the Yaesu out (4-23) UPS Next Day. On 4-26 I e-mailed Phil for an update and in his last message he wrote....

"I am VERY sorry but something has come up and i will not be able
to ship it to you. Please do not think bad of me.
Once again sorry and thank you for you time."

I'm glad I did not rush to send my PDA out in the mail. But if I did.........

I don't "think bad" of Phil. But just kinda wonder a bit.

Tony
KA1OTT
lhk0pd

KD8EOX

Post by lhk0pd »

Look's to me like you should be thanking Phil for letting you know he could not do trade in a timely matter rather than create a suspicious atmosphere about him.........
Larry Huff K0pd
cruzingoose

Re: KD8EOX

Post by cruzingoose »

All would be well and understood IF he notified me a week earlier instead of leaving me hanging. Only when I asked for confirmation of shipping was I informed of the NO-SHIP. When Phil told me he was sending the radio out next day air, (being the trusting type) I would have sent my PDA out the same way, same day. It really bugs the p1$$ out of me when someone says one thing and then backs out of the deal, AND does not have the courtesy to to call or write. Anyone posting an item here or any other BBS or forum should be aware of what they are doing and once a deal id confirmed to go through with it. NO EXCUSES. I have other purchases in progress here. I dont mind when the seller waits 2 weeks on my check even though through the magic of modern technology and banking practice, checks clear in less than 2 days due to electronic transfer of funds. If the seller feels more secure waiting 2 weeks then fine, BUT, I do expect my radio to be in the hands UPS, FedEX ot USPS Monday..... hint hint

Tony
KA1OTT

quote="lhuffk0pd"]Look's to me like you should be thanking Phil for letting you know he could not do trade in a timely matter rather than create a suspicious atmosphere about him.........[/quote]