Before you deal with Langdon "Mac" McAlpin N4PMG

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

Before you deal with Langdon "Mac" McAlpin N4PMG

Post by w8jn »

Send MAC $3000 on a phone call and his word,and guess what happened next???? You thought this was going to be negative? NAWWWWWW Mac and I have been wheeling and dealing for years! I purchased an entire ts950SDX station from Mac. He described it as excellent. It arrived as "Almost Mint". How was it packed, you ask??? The packages could have been used as the bumpers on a demolition derby car and the equipment would have arrived unscathed! WOW...... THE BEST...... No worries with MAC !!!!
73 Paul W8jn
w8jn

Thanks

Post by w8jn »

Mac,
Thanks for the nice feedback. 73 Paul w8jn
W9WCR

weird

Post by W9WCR »

I get the joke...but if people just scan the head lines of this forum they will see what looks to be a problem with this ham when in fact you gave him a glowing review.
Just a thought.
w8jn

imho

Post by w8jn »

Thanks for your comment. It is appreciated. I don't know about the rest of the hams out there, however, when I see what appears to be a negative comment, I read it. This note already has 400 "reads". Mac left me "positive" feedback and you will note that it only has 20-30 reads. Good is boring, everyone is reading my feedback about Mac because it looks interesting. When I look up product reviews on Eham, I don't read the good stuff. I only read the negative comments. I read them fully.
Best 73 Paul w8jn
W5YMB

W8JN

Post by W5YMB »

" I don't read the good stuff . I only read the negative comments "

What a " negative " attitude . . .
w8jn

As does everyone else

Post by w8jn »

Don't take my word for it. Look at the positive feedback and look at the negative. Then look at the number of "reads" on each. That says it all.
KU4MY

Re: weird

Post by KU4MY »

W9WCR wrote:I get the joke...but if people just scan the head lines of this forum they will see what looks to be a problem with this ham when in fact you gave him a glowing review.
Just a thought.
Everybody is drawn to what looks like the 'dirt' and because Paul presented it in the manner that he did, EVERYONE will see it and read and know what a great guy Mac is....... nice job Paul!
73 de Tom, KU4MY
W5YMB

W8JN

Post by W5YMB »

Paul,

When I noticed your Call- Sign under " Last Post ", I figured that I was " in trouble " .

(Just kidding) . . .

The " negative " attitude was simply " tounge-in-cheek " humor .

Incidentally, we have dealt with each other before .

(Successfully, I might add) .
w8jn

???

Post by w8jn »

Ron,
What did we hoss trade?
Paul
W5YMB

W8JN

Post by W5YMB »

December 18, 2002 .

Kenwood TS-830S for " Parts " .

Ron
w8jn

ok

Post by w8jn »

Ron,
I remember it well!
W5YMB

W8JN

Post by W5YMB »

(Hopefully, the Check has cleared your Bank, by now) .

Ron
w8jn

cleared

Post by w8jn »

yesterday hihi