Scott Davis: KA5SEK Yet Anther Victim!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W0GMH

Scott Davis: KA5SEK Yet Anther Victim!!!

Post by W0GMH »

Lost $103 sent for a non-existent IC-2100H on 4/21/2006. I have filed a mail fraud report with the USPS. This guy is an absolute SCAM and you might as well flush your money down the toilet if you send it to him!!! Really stupid on his part because collectively all of these transactions are a serious felony. If you've been scammed by him do us a favor and file a mail fraud report!!

Scott, I will not rest (at any cost) until you have been arrested and charged with mail fraud. You are the biggest kind of low-life there is to be scamming fellow hobbyists out of their hard-earned money :evil:
W0GMH

Here's an updated address for Scott:

Post by W0GMH »

5427 30th
Lubbock, TX 79407
W0GMH

Lubbock Police Department IS taking reports via phone!!

Post by W0GMH »

If Scott has scammed you too, please call Lubbock Police at 1-806-775-2816. They are taking theft reports over the phone! Please call asap as detectives will need all information possible and soon!
kf8jl

Scammed

Post by kf8jl »

Yes, i was also Scammed by are Friend Scott Davis.
I did call the number,and made a report over the phone.
It only takes a few mins. Dont let this Bum get rich off of hard working people.
Time to stop him!!
Thanks..Kevin
N6VMO

Re: Scott Davis: KA5SEK Yet Anther Victim!!!

Post by N6VMO »

Use the search...Use the search...Use the search...I can't understand why many do not use this simple function.

We should be passing the word about the QRZ search function. Maybe a flashing banner under every 'for sale' post as a reminder.

Or, when the user selects the ad, it displays the link(s) to any feedback about the seller, good or bad.

If the link below appeared when the ad is selected, it may have caused amateurs to think twice before committing any funds..

Feedback Forum KA5SEK "BEWARE"
N7CLD 0 370 Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:16 pm
N7CLD
Pizwiz

Post by Pizwiz »

Readily admitting my total ignorance of PC software, I tried searching the Ads for the above mentioned callsign.
I searched both under "Title and Description" and " Callsign of the person placing the Ad"
In both cases it found no results.
What am I missing?

Adolph
The most UNcommon thing in the world is common sense. !
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Pizwiz wrote:Readily admitting my total ignorance of PC software, I tried searching the Ads for the above mentioned callsign.
I searched both under "Title and Description" and " Callsign of the person placing the Ad"
In both cases it found no results.
What am I missing?

Adolph
Do your search while in the Feedback Forum and not in the Classifieds Home window.

While in the Feedback Forum, located just under the flashing ad banner you will see a link called 'Search'. Click on the link and type the callsign in the 'Search for Keywords' window (top window).

Pizwiz

Post by Pizwiz »

Thanks very Much. Easy, if you know how. !!
It again proves that they should not let us old folks anywhere near PC's.
I personally think that every computer should come equipped with a precocious 7 year old. :D :D :D

Adolph
The most UNcommon thing in the world is common sense. !
kb9vxq

Re: Scott Davis: KA5SEK Yet Anther Victim!!!

Post by kb9vxq »

N6VMO wrote:Use the search...Use the search...Use the search...I can't understand why many do not use this simple function.

We should be passing the word about the QTH search function. Maybe a flashing banner under every 'for sale' post as a reminder.

Or, when the user selects the ad, it displays the link(s) to any feedback about the seller, good or bad.

If the link below appeared when the ad is selected, it may have caused amateurs to think twice before committing any funds..

Feedback Forum KA5SEK "BEWARE"
N7CLD 0 370 Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:16 pm
N7CLD
If you notice W0GMH just joined the forum 29May06 and I notice that has happened alot with people that get scammed. They get scammed then join this forum and voice what has happened. It's a shame they didn't join earlier so they would have been informed of the offender so they wouldn't have been scammed in the first place.

The link to feedback from the seller sounds like a good idea although I don't know enough about computers to know how hard it would be to implement.