W7LHP Good Guy Honest Ham

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N5JFJ

W7LHP Good Guy Honest Ham

Post by N5JFJ »

I purchased a JPS NIR-12 from Gene, as I listed a want, and he responded saying he had an extra unit he would sell me. Making a long story short, The unit arrived Fine Business but seemed to have a problem not allowing Audio to pass through it! RARE and GRACIOUS...Is the Fact that when I emailed Gene and told him what was happeneing, he responded that it had worked when he tested it, "But not a problem, send it back and I will REFUND your money" I took the unit to a fellow Ham & Electronics Wizard, who inspected it and found that the TIP connection inside of an Audio connector was simply open...which caused this very simple problem. The NIR-12 now works just great! MY POINT...is HOW RARE it is to meet a fellow Ham operator that just simply said "No Problem I will REFUND YOUR MONEY" if it has a problem. Many Thanks to you Gene for restoring MY FAITH in Great Honest Hams such as W7LHP...This a fellow Ham that I would TRUST. God Bless and 73's, Thanks Gene, for your honesty and "A Great Unit"
73's and as always GOD BLESS DE N5JFJ
73's and May God Bless you and your Family