AL4A took the money and disappeared... update.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
bw3

AL4A took the money and disappeared... update.

Post by bw3 »

Mr. Garrison AL4A, supposedly is in Europe along with several other peoples cash.
I filed charges with the US postal dept and they are moving like snails in answering. All the papers are in, forms, emails, phone records and whatever else I have.
Not much else can be done right now.
I talked to an FCC rep. (more than once) about a fellow ham using his amateur call sign in a fraud case and they told me there is NOTHING the FCC can do about it. I mentioned; "Part 97 Amateur Radio Service, sec 97.1, a,b,d and e" and was told it does not matter.
The FCC said "no matter what an amateur does using his/her license for credibility, there is no law against it " A very long discussion with people who do not care.
I guess the part:(b) Continuation and extension of the amateur's proven ability to contribute to the advancement of the radio art.
or
(e) Continuation and extension of the amateur's unique ability to enhance international goodwill.
is just fill for the 97.1 Basis and Purpose written by the FCC.
Last time I knew; If you use your drivers license and break those rules you can lose that license.
It seems like the FCC just has more to be concerned about as long as THEY don't lose a buck.