WN4PFI - Doak Dingler

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KU4MY

WN4PFI - Doak Dingler

Post by KU4MY »

A couple of weeks back I responded to an ad that Doak had for a FT-101EX with a new driver tube installed, an extra set of final tubes, Landliner phone patch - external speaker, D-104 microphone, manual and schematics.

Doak and his YL were kind enough to meet me halfway (about 30 miles for each of us) on a rather chilly night to view and hopefully purchase his rig. The rig was in far better condition than expected, complete with the plastic still over the front panel. The extra final tubes that he thought might be necessary were not needed as full output is comfortabley reached on all bands (90w to 148w, band dependant).

More than I expected, the rig came with the not standard for the EX 160m, 10m B, 10m C, 10m D, 11M crystals and the speach processor board, much to my surprise...... a good $40 value just for the 160 and 10m crystals alone.

I am very thanfull to Doak and his YL for a very pleasant an worry free transaction and I highly reccommend him to any and all that may have the pleasure of dealing with him. So much so, in fact, I feel that the rig, in it's condition, with all of the unexpected extras and having the Landliner and microphone included too, he should have charged me an additional $100 to $150 for the rig (which he had advertised here in the classified section).

Many thanks again Doak, sorry I don't have your email address as we only corresponded via email here and via your cell phone. Please drop me a line if you see this as I would like to re-invite you to our club meeting (my email address is in my profile here)!
73 de Tom, KU4MY