KA9FOX,SCOTT HAM SITE DONATIONS,BY WN8BOB

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WN8BOB

KA9FOX,SCOTT HAM SITE DONATIONS,BY WN8BOB

Post by WN8BOB »

I was floored by the many hams who found my e mail address from other places and showed there support of me from a recent posting by a disgruntled ham on a deal that never even happened,anyway,I am getting away from the subject,some have asked me if I have ever made a "Donation" to the site from all the many,many deals I have done,and the answer is no I have not,but that will change,first of all,I AM NOT a "Commercial Reseller" like many are,I don't get aa radio on Monday,then post it for sale on QTH on Monday night,almost every deal has been from my own personal collection or use,I am the GUY that other hams love to get radios from,I buy the radios new,sometimes used,use them for awhile,play with the new toy,test it,etc(WHEN TIME PERMITS) then I eat the depreciation and offer it up for sale,I love to get new rigs and try them out,whether they be brand new,vintage,or otherwise,I have RARELY EVER maade a profit on a transaction,usually losing money,or only hoping to break even,but this site has given me the oportunity to sell radios I am no longer interested in or just plain didn''t care for,so thisss morning I am sending Scott a donation to help keep the site going,I challenge everyone else to do the same,yes,I know he takes in advertising revenue,but hasn't the site been worth it to YOU!! my donation has long been overdue,Scott even helped me out a couple times when I asked for help,getting back to me VERY QUICKLY!! SO instead of that next pack of "CIgarettes" or "pack of lottery tickets" or your favorite morning time restaurant Beverage,why not send the guy a few bucks,so Scott,if your reading this,its on the way,just make sure that when you try to cash it,standd way back(HI HI) just a thought from a thankful hamsite user..BOB WN8BOB
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

First off Bob , You SHOULD make a profit , who is going to pay for your time? If you (in my case me) takes an enormous amount of time to locate something , then clean it up and test it and sell it , your damn straight there is profit. There are a lot of hams that want what they are looking for NOW and do not want to spend the time or know how to locate the item anyways. Second , who cares if you are a "reseller" , if what you sell pleases another ham and you get a positive feedback , more power to you . Third , life is to short , enjoy everyday as if it were your last. Actually I give a lot of stuff away , it seems to be the reason I gain a lot , kind of like Tithing (which I do)....
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
AE4SH

Post by AE4SH »

i wish i could collect some donations.
the subject tells it all.
scott hamm