KC2CUE - Be Cautious ...!!!!!!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8XFJ

KC2CUE - Be Cautious ...!!!!!!!!

Post by N8XFJ »

I'm writing to let hams know to be cautious of kc2cue.
I made a deal with this gentleman on some radio equipment.. We had emailed several times back and forth and deal made... I had 2 uhf commercial kenwood mobiles that he wanted which both was BENCH TESTED by several commercial twoway radio techs here before being boxed up and I had instructed to him that I would not ship first anymore because of dishonest and bad hams floating around and that I had lost alot of money and radio equipment due to this reason, that if he send the first radio to me and upon rx it which I did and it has been in the shop already and finally we just ended up junking it out for parts, I would immediately send out the 2 I had and once he received them then ship me the other radio owed to me. Well yet to hear from him anymore, and he rx my package at 11:45am dec 23, I have sent this guy multiple emails and finally was able to obtain a # to call, and first attempt I left a msg to please call me back. I had missed the attempt where his call came back but no msg was left so I returned a second call and the gentleman that answered the phone when I asked for Miguel Portela, was very nervous on the phone and you could hear it in the voice when speaking to him, and I was told that it wasnt him or they didnt know of him, and I find this kinda strange, when this # I called is the # he used this year on some other items he had for sale on qth, hmmm....This gentleman also has several items here on qth for sale that I could have sold for him to enquiring ems/fire personels here but he didnt even such much as even answer any of those emails on sales he could have made.. SO the only thing I'm asking is to send me the icom f121s [vhf] mobile that is owed to me and it all said and be done and I wash my hands of it permanently.....If anyone else buys,sales, or trades with this person you do it at your own RISK! :!: :!: :!: :!:
N8XFJ

UPDATE

Post by N8XFJ »

Well here is the NewYear and still No response from {KC2CUE} [Miguel Portela}..SO only thing I can say is Miguel Portela hope you can live with yourself being such a DISHONEST ham which I don't think you deserve to be called..
What goes around comes around one day and you will get yours...
If anyone on here that can read this, if you DEAL with this gentleman, you are taking a BIG RISK, so if you do it , do it at your own chances..

His contact info: Miguel Portela
100 Erskine PL
APT 2E
Bronx NY 10475
N8XFJ

UPDATE

Post by N8XFJ »

I finally got an Email from MIguel this morning stating that he will be shipping out the other radio that is owed to me, so I will post if anything changes.
N8XFJ

UPDATE

Post by N8XFJ »

well here it is Tues Jan 10 and still no responses back of any kind from kc2cue and no equipment or refunds received either.
So this draws the line I have all info and processing legal action, NO EXCEPTIONS..... DO NOT DEAL with this guy..... :evil:
bug2boy

hey moran unless you live in west virginia and i dont think

Post by bug2boy »

i dont think you do, you need to mind you business once again. when i have a radio that has a problem i let people know. i sent my radios to a guy named steve blevins in west virginia, there was a delay in shipping and you can ask him yourself, and i have all emails from him that he sent me. he recieved a icom commercial rig, and a motorola spectra, i want you since you know so dam much about what i am doing with my equipment i want you to publicly post what radios i had for trade, and for your information you lying ass, the phone number listed was 718-555-1212 so how are you going to call and speak to a miguel portela when if you know any better in which you dont, you would know that would call the 718 directory, so you list what radios in particular i had for trade, and you tell what you have to say then, until nosy bastards like you that want to start trouble need to mind his own dam business once again and i will continue to say it, because you dont have anything to do with MY equipment and what i do with my stuff, so mind it, or there are ways of going about things like this, you want to slander me, i deal with police departments. :twisted: :evil:
bug2boy

holy cow steve i had no idea it was you

Post by bug2boy »

steve i did not do a call sign check of you please disregard what i said i know you have the equipment i thought you were somebody else due to the call sign and i know where you are, i am sorry it was my mistake, and i do apologize i am man enough to say i am wrong when i am.