JUST A THOUGHT!!! KC0VEA

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KC0VEA

JUST A THOUGHT!!! KC0VEA

Post by KC0VEA »

I know I`m new here, and maybe I don`t know as much as other people, but it seems to me the serial number of all equipment should be made available as part of the transaction. With the serial # it might be easier to track and prove ownership. Maybe even repair history. If the police or Postal investigators are involved they can use the # you supply to see if the person in question still has it in their possession., which means they didn`t ship it. How else would you know the # with out previous correspondance., or a impending deal that has gone bad. Something to think about.