KF5HSD - ALERT!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W6EX

KF5HSD - ALERT!

Post by W6EX »

My fellow HAMS,

I had to file a claim with PayPal in order to get $315.00 back from Kelvin Collins, KF5HSD from Houston TX. I originally purchased a Zero Five GP1040 from this jack*** on August 28th and I requested my money back for a number of reasons:
1. He did not honor the original price as listed, he requested and extra $65.00 for shipping, which stupid me I paid.
2. He was very slow in responding or non-responsive at all to most of my text messages. He does not pick-up his phone, and can't leave messages. He would not call me and discuss the situation
3. When he did respond he kept providing excuses for delays in shipping. Bottom line was he had other priorities and felt I could wait, and wait, and wait etc.

I requested a refund from this guy on Sept 8th, money was never received and thus I filed a claim with PayPal last week. By far this has been the worst experience ever!! Sad, real sad!
Just a warning to you folks on this dead-beat guy if he ever sells anything else here or other sites.

Sincerely,
Mario J. Vesnaver
W6EX
Bigbub

Re: KF5HSD - ALERT!

Post by Bigbub »

W6EX has been sent a refund, postal money order. Because I was away from home and had son my performing the shipping. Shipping was delayed.

This ham was not sympathetic to that fact. Therefore, I asked him to ship my antenna back to me for being a jerk on day one. He did send the antenna back.

But being the jerk that he was during the transaction. He has attempted to tarnish my name. My reputation as a ham is spotless on all classified sites.

It is very sad that he would try and tarnish this for me.

But I serve a wonderful God and he is still in control.

Remember, they talked about Jesus first so who am I to complain!!!!

Praise the Lord,
KF5hsd
Kelvin
W6EX

Re: KF5HSD - ALERT!

Post by W6EX »

Update as of 10/18/2016:

The nightmare continues!

The latest post by KF5HSD states a postal money order was sent to me on Oct 6th. As of yesterday (Oct 17) I have not received the MO. Delivery time for 1st class mail between TX and CA is 3-4 days, maybe it was sent long path via the North and South Poles :) More of the same, empty promises, false hopes, excuses, lies, call it what you want. One thing that is absolutely clear his behavior is very un-Christian, and reflects very poorly on the 99.9% of us that are good, honest, and sincere Hams. Obviously his measuring stick of what signifies a spotless ham is different than the norm :)

Good freaking grief!

I have escalated via PayPal and I'll get my money one way or another.

Will follow-up with post when this case is resolved.

73's,

W6EX