NEW SCAM - CAREFUL

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W6KY

NEW SCAM - CAREFUL

Post by W6KY »

If someone ask you to take a picture of the equipment you are selling with your call written on a piece of paper draped over what you are selling, beware. That gives them the ability to sell that item using your callsign. It would look like they actually have the item...
Good luck, 73, Art W6KY
N8VCF

Re: NEW SCAM - CAREFUL

Post by N8VCF »

Wish I would have read this a couple hours ago. It happened to me today. Digging into it, it looks like I got scammed. This is the first time I have attempted to sell anything on QTH and this happens. Never again. I will only sell at hamfests and in person from now on.