w4ain BAD GUY ALERT

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc8pcs

w4ain BAD GUY ALERT

Post by kc8pcs »

Bought HTW-245 HT on Ebay. Ad said "Very good condition". Ad also said "as is". Radio had leaking battery and no audio on receipt. Refuses to make good. Watch out for this guy!
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Isn't it amazing what can happen to a battery when stored in a product unused for several days? While it is still in the shipping container, unopened even!

Grow up shelton and get a life!!
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

That's a good way to elmer them in. Sell em junk and when they complain tell them to get a life.
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

kb9vxq wrote:That's a good way to elmer them in. Sell em junk and when they complain tell them to get a life.
You don't even know the story buddy, much less what page we're on! I have never sold junk in my life. This sale was no exception. This guy is just a bad apple trying to act like he doesn't have worms. If you have anything useful to add then please do so.....otherwise this is between him, me, and ebay......By the way, FYI, eBay is on my side of this dispute, which is why he decided to start crying on the ham boards!
Phil - W4AIN
www.w4ain.com
WR0T-1

Bad Guy

Post by WR0T-1 »

Don't feel too bad Phil, the seller IS ALWAYS at fault after a good sob post, on here and every place else.....

Ain't it a great life........
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

w4ain wrote:
kb9vxq wrote:That's a good way to elmer them in. Sell em junk and when they complain tell them to get a life.
You don't even know the story buddy, much less what page we're on! I have never sold junk in my life. This sale was no exception. This guy is just a bad apple trying to act like he doesn't have worms. If you have anything useful to add then please do so.....otherwise this is between him, me, and ebay......By the way, FYI, eBay is on my side of this dispute, which is why he decided to start crying on the ham boards!
Your right Phil. I don't know the story. But I do know your only reply was a smart one to him. If you would've posted something decent maybe people wouldn't wonder. You might very well be in the clear but when you post a remark like you did the only one who might believe you is WR0T since he believes all the sellers are good and all the buyers are bad.

Phil if you look at many of the negative reports here you'll see ones where the buyer cried without reason then the one being acused told his side and many people sided with him. If you would've told your side and you were right people would understand.

The only reason I posted at all is because in your signature line you say "Let's not weed em out, Welcome them in, Be an Elmer" then you post a smart remark. Seems kinda hypocritical.
WR0T-1

Sellers are good..

Post by WR0T-1 »

Yes Tracy, I have encountered only a couple of bad sellers in the last 50 years and you know what?? they were right here on this board.

ANYTIME you buy something used, buy it for the right price knowing that most likely you will have to do something to it...

There are so many buyers out there that are just plain cueless and are real pains in the butt because they just flat don't know what they are doing or buying....

In my final days of selling gear, I would take pictures of the gear with an audio meter and/or scope and also a Bird meter showing full output and even sometimes a short audio tape of the receive audio.

I never told the buyers that I done this and you would be surprised at how many of them that claimed DOA, or missing filters, modules and the like wanting a couple of hundred back.

Were they ever surprised when I sent them copies of what I had for documentation. I never heard a word from them again. I got some neg. feedbacks or posts but that was no big deal, I knew who was full of it..

Like I have said a hundred times before, you want brand new with a warr.??

Buy it brand new from a dealer and never accept a box that has ever been opened....

Ah how things have changed over 50 years... There was a time that a hams word was "as good as gold" BUT NO MORE, just read the crap posted here and then head to the ham store.....
Steve Frobase

Post by Steve Frobase »

All but 2 of my purchases here on qth.com have been very good deals.I think you just have to be a little careful and take what you are told with a grain of salt .I still believe that most hams are good guys,but there are a few bad apples.
Steve
Steve Frobase
Wb4ukl
941-716-2433
diste@sunline.net
kc8pcs

Consider this --

Post by kc8pcs »

Mr. Parrish (w4ain) sold a ht to me through Ebay. He described it as "good condition" in the description. I bought it on faith of the description, even though it did say "as is" under the shipping instructions.

When the unit finally arrived, about three weeks later, I was out of town. When I returned about 8-10 days later I opened the box and discovered that the unit had leaking batteries. I cleaned the unit as best I could and replaced the batteries. That's when I discovered that the unit had no receive. 3 weeks later I discovered the internal butcher job on the audio section.

I contacted Mr. Parrish about it and he essentially told me to go jump in the lake. As a result, I am making sure that everyone possible knows about what happened. Others deserve to be warned about people like Mr. Parrish. By the way, he claims to be a good christian. Watch out for this guy!

73's
Jerry Shelton KC8PCS
W4AIN

Re: Consider this --

Post by W4AIN »

kc8pcs wrote:Mr. Parrish (w4ain) sold a ht to me through Ebay. He described it as "good condition" in the description. I bought it on faith of the description, even though it did say "as is" under the shipping instructions.

When the unit finally arrived, about three weeks later, I was out of town. When I returned about 8-10 days later I opened the box and discovered that the unit had leaking batteries. I cleaned the unit as best I could and replaced the batteries. That's when I discovered that the unit had no receive. 3 weeks later I discovered the internal butcher job on the audio section.
The payment instructions also stated that payment was to be made via PAYPAL ONLY......After he won the auction, he complained that he could not send payment via PayPal and agreed to send a POSTAL MO.....I eventually get a PERSONAL MO from him which my bank would not honor until the funds cleared.
He had given positive feedback on eBay signifying that he was satisfied with the transaction AFTER he received the HT.....Then a week or so later e-mails me demanding a full refund because the 'radio has no receive'.....After questioning him about it he admitted to opening the radio to 'take a look'.
My Ad also stated that this transaction was AS-IS---NO REFUND----NO RETURN.....Some folk just can't seem to comprehend what they read or, more than likely, just don't read the details........If you think I'm going to give a refund on a radio that was admittedly opened up then you're crazy.......I tested the radio moments before packing for shipment and it worked flawlessly.......Any butchering done inside the rig was done either by the buyer or by the manufacturer as they did the MARS mod on the radio and updates.

I still stand by our original deal......No refunds....no returns.....AS-IS........The reason I sell all my electronics AS-IS on e-bay is because I know that the liklihood of someone, like this fellow, taking apart and 'tinkering' with it is very high......I can and will give references upon request to anyone who wishes to purchase any items from me........References from HONEST people who have bought from me and from hams that know me personally (well known and respected hams) .

Had this buyer behaved in a more civilized manner, and not DEMANDED a refund, we probably could have worked this out......But rather, he chose to flame me across the boards so he has his HT as he bought it......AS-IS----NO REFUND------NO RETURN
Phil - W4AIN
www.w4ain.com
kc0uws

Re: w4ain BAD GUY ALERT

Post by kc0uws »

kc8pcs wrote:Bought HTW-245 HT on Ebay. Ad said "Very good condition". Ad also said "as is". Radio had leaking battery and no audio on receipt. Refuses to make good. Watch out for this guy!
PCS: you have problems
kc0uws

Post by kc0uws »

kc8pcs wrote:Mr. Parrish (w4ain) sold a ht to me through Ebay. He described it as "good condition" in the description. I bought it on faith of the description, even though it did say "as is" under the shipping instructions.

I contacted Mr. Parrish about it and he essentially told me to go jump in the lake. As a result, I am making sure that everyone possible knows about what happened. Others deserve to be warned about people like Mr. Parrish. By the way, he claims to be a good christian. Watch out for this guy!

73's
Jerry Shelton KC8PCS

Look we have heard your tall tail
K4ICL

Huh?

Post by K4ICL »

Guys, I am still confused.

If some one tells me he will sell me an HT that is in "VERY GOOD CONDITION" and he is selling it to me "AS IS" doesn't that mean that "AS IS" is in very good condition? The deal did not stipulate AS RECEIVED, so doesn't this mean that the seller is obligated to get it to me in the same AS IS condition as he described, namely in VERY GOOD CONDITION?

If the seller also says NO RETURNS, that means he will not consider my returning the HT to him for any reason. I buy it at my risk. Right? Even if the seller's written description of the HT is wrong? If the HT's condition was misstated, doesn't the NO RETURN condition become moot. If not, why not?

Isn't it true that if the seller's description is wrong, even without his knowing it, the HT and it is NOT in "VERY GOOD CONDITION", he is obligated to make good his statement of description? If not, why not?

Or, am I missing something when reading this thread? Duh...

K4ICL
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

kc8pcs wrote:
I contacted Mr. Parrish about it and he essentially told me to go jump in the lake. As a result, I am making sure that everyone possible knows about what happened.
What happened is this: You bought a radio.....You screwed around inside it.....You blamed me for it.....Then threatened me with your 'influence' with the postal authorities and eBay......Ebay heard both sides of the story and didn't give you any credit for your tales of woe.....I sold you a working radio, and you dismembered it and tried to misplace the blame.... Flame me all you want, shelton.....It still doesn't change the facts.
kc8pcs wrote:By the way, he claims to be a good christian.
That is a lie straight from the pits of HELL!!!! I NEVER told you or anyone else that I was a 'good Christian', or even a 'Christian' for that matter. Whether I am a 'Christian' or not isn't any of your concern.

So, I guess that you could say that I am essentially telling you to 'GO JUMP IN A LAKE', Shellie.
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

Could we please leave ebay on ebay?
kc0uws

Post by kc0uws »

w4amp wrote:Could we please leave ebay on ebay?
Amen there brother! I will second that!
W4AIN

Ebay

Post by W4AIN »

If you don't want to read about ebay, then I suggest you go read another topic....this topic concerns an ebay transaction.
Phil - W4AIN
www.w4ain.com
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

Yeah, I know. Another ham is claiming you ripped him off. I would say your attitude needs work too. What would we all do without the 5 wpm extras?
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

:)
Last edited by W4AIN on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

10-4