KB1LMI

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W2AZL

KB1LMI

Post by W2AZL »

On Nov 2nd I paid for two rolls of coax KB1LMI was selling. I just received the cable today, Saturday the 20th.

He is in Connecicut I'm in NJ. This shouldn't have taken 11 days in transit, but guess what, it did. He shipped it on Nov 9th Parcel Post.

I was ready to tar and feather KB1LMI, because in all honesty, I did not believe him that he shipped the cable. Mike, a suggestion, send a copy of the shipping receipt to the buyer.

Mike is a good guy to do business with. He just needs to communicate more. I would not hesitate to do business with Mike again.

KC4RN
Gerald
AA1UY

KB1LMI - Also had problems with slow shipping

Post by AA1UY »

The supposedly "New in Box" D-104 mic. he sold me (which wasn't actually "New in Box" - see other feedback) was also slow to arrive. KB1LMI told me twice in emails that he had sent it by "Pri Mail" (which in my experience takes 2 days to anywhere in the country). So, when it didn't arrive in 3 or 4 working days, I had all the hassle of emailing him periodically, asking just where it was, did he have proof of sending (which he didn't), etc.

When it eventually turned-up (after my having called various post office departments to see where my "priority mail" package was), guess what? He hadn't send it "Pri Mail" at all !

It had been sent by parcel post !

I'll never deal with KB1LMI again.
ind224

I got mine!!

Post by ind224 »

Yes, the communications could be better/faster. When I see something I want I try to have all my questions about the product, shipping etc. in the first email so they can be answered with the first response.

As a shipping MGR, I have the ability to ship via almost any means and have access to used boxes and packing material. 8)

As a rule I never use Postal because they are more expensive and tracking is not available unless you pay extra. True, you can get a delivery confirmation but that does not show when it left, where it is,and when it might be delivered.

My preference is UPS because for Ground shipping you get $100 insurance in
addition to the above tracking capabilities.

All that being said, my AR33 controller arrived intact and well packed.
It was sent Priority as Mike said and the total on the label was what I paid,not extra for the box and packing. :D

73 all!!
Stu
Indianapolis
sp9wze

KB1LMI honest yes/no ??????????

Post by sp9wze »

I bought radio Yeasu five month ago. I sended to him money. I did not it receive anything yet. KB1LMI. Mike had written me that he sended radio shipasap. What is shipasap ? He does not it answer on mail.
J'am wating and waiting ....... and nothing.
Can anybody help me ?