AG6EA Another Hijacked Call Sign

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
KD2EGR

AG6EA Another Hijacked Call Sign

Post by KD2EGR »

I spoke with active HAM, James Wiley AG6EA today and established that another person is using his call sign on this site to transact business.

I am Tim KD2EGR and had a request referred by QTH with regard to an WTT advert that I listed. Following is the information in emails in the latest order. Be careful and be sure to check out all call signs before making a deal.

Tim KD2EGR

Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:02 AM
To: 'James Wiley'
Subject: RE: Icom IC 7100
James,

Thanks for working with me on this. How about $100 and go from there? Again, I will make sure you get the value add here.

Tim KD2EGR

Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 9:08 PM
To: Tim L. Adams
Subject: Re: Icom IC 7100
Tim,

Let me know the figures so i will know what else to include in the trade.

On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:51 PM, Tim L. Adams <howwhatandwhy@gmail.com> wrote:
James,

If it were perfect for me, I would like to do all trading. This is a real slow period and I just don’t have a lot of cash.

I guess the right answer would be a couple of hundred dollars but I would give you the clear benefit in the trade in goods.

Tim KD2EGR

Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 12:53 PM
To: howwhatandwhy@gmail.com

How much cash difference are you looking to add?

At 26 Aug 2015 20:46:49, Tim L. Adams wrote:
James,
Sorry, I just have to get a lot closer to make a deal. I am willing to offer the better part of the deal if you could use more gear.
Tim KD2EGR

Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 12:05 PM
Tim,
Are you still interested?

At 25 Aug 2015 20:38:05, James Wiley wrote:
Kenwood TR 2500 2m FM hand held gear including (2) HTs (TXs/RXs), (3) antennas, ST-2 internal power base, (2) SMC-25 microphone/speaker, (2) VB-2530 25 watt amps, MS-1 mobile charging & power stand, mic mount, extra BT-1 batt. cases, bracket mount-wiring-and hardware, op and service manual, schematics, advs, lots of base-mobile-portable wiring, and more, one HT display has spot $250
Think I might be interested in this, we can do a trade on this plus $1000 cash difference for my rig?

At 25 Aug 2015 20:32:06, Tim L. Adams wrote:
James,
You mean cash for your rig, correct? My advert was a “want to trade” (WTT 6M Radio Wanted) type. I can come up with some cash but I am mostly interested in trading. I want to get on 6 meters and I need a rig to do that. Whatever the deal, I will make sure you come out in very good condition. 73
Tim KD2EGR

Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 12:11 PM
Tim,
Can we do a cash sale?

At 25 Aug 2015 20:04:55, Tim L. Adams wrote:
James,
Thanks for the note. I am attaching a list of things I have to trade. It's pretty diversified so I hope there are some items that you like. We can put almost any kind of deal together. A combination of items, items plus cash, and value that makes sense to both of us. Feel free to call me if you like. I will be home most of the day. I may have other things not on my lists that you could be interested in. Let me know your interests.
Take a look and LMK what you think. 73
Tim KD2EGR

Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:16 AM
Subject: Icom IC 7100
I have an excellent condition Icom IC 7100 plus LDG IT-100 auto tuner and Icom SM-50 desk mic. Everything works perfectly without any issues, scratch or dent, includes the original Box, Manual, Microphone, Power cable and all connecting cables that came with the rig new. The rig operates 100% but I am just not into DStar and I am downsizing due to my present health condition. The rig has spent it's life in my Non-Smoking shack and was gently used. Asking price is $1,250 shipped via FedEx to your QTH, i have a FedEx account so shipping won't be a problem for me.
73, AG6EA
James
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reference:
Name: Tim Adams
Phone Number:
Callsign: KD2EGR
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: WTT 6M Radio Wanted
Ad Message:
I am looking for an IC-7000, IC-706 MKIIG, IC-703, IC-551D or possibly other rigs for 6 meter use. I have lots of gear to trade. If you have something 6 meter to trade and want to see my list, drop me an email and let's put something together. Contact Tim KD2EGR, howwhatandwhy at gmail.com.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
KD2EGR

Re: AG6EA Another Hijacked Call Sign

Post by KD2EGR »

Well now the scammer called. Again, It is important to note that this is NOT James Wiley AG6EA, but just another scam artist that hijacked a legitimate HAM's call sign. When he called he expressed a heavy accent. Who should call the police or someone? Should it be me, the QTH site of HAM being hijacked? Is there a protocol? See the following:

Tim KD2EGR

Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 11:35 AM
Subject: RE: FW: Icom IC 7100

Payment will be made to my personal bank account as the Paypal i have runs through a company's account which is obviously a personal expense and only for official use. If this is okay by you then we can seal the deal.

Here is the account details
Linda Wiley
Account #: 8032169851
Routing #: 031207607
Bank PNC

Kindly let me know when the funds has been transferred so I can keep checking the account to know when it arrives.

73, James Wiley

At 27 Aug 2015 19:30:15, James Wiley wrote:
Tim,

I can accept $600 cash difference plus other stuff which you have for trade. My number is 951-267-9029